View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-28-17, 09:08

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Something I didn’t catch with the first look at recipes, some use an "Atkins flour". Not to buy like the old CarbQuik, but the included recipe is Soy Flour, vital wheat gluten, wheat bran, flaxseed meal and whey protein powder! Obviously that's out with a Soy or wheat sensitivity. Some recipes use it as a thickener, but that could be replaced with zantham gum or similar.

it probably wouldn't be too difficult to come up with a different type of lc flour mixture that would suit gluten/dairy/soy free people. i've been using a few of the thm recipes and just sub ground flax for their proprietary lc flour. there are quite a few diy thm baking blend mixes on the internet that are based on ground flax, coconut flour, ground psyllium (or oat fiber for those who can tolerate it, i can't), almond flour, peanut flour, etc It's hard to tell without seeing the actual recipes in the atkins book what kind of flour they would require. in theory we try not to do very many lc replacement baked goods, but in reality, they do come in handy sometimes and are a good tool to have in the toolbox, iykwim.