View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-23-17, 10:35

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default Atkins: Eat Right, Not Less

Have to admit that I am impressed with the newest version in a long line of Atkins books. I started with New Atkins for a New You doing 20 net carbs, but then went to Dr. Westman’s own clinic and moved to his stricter list of foods and 20 total carbs.

But if you want the more flexible Atkins plans with net 20, 40, and even 100g carbs, this is a good book. I have been very critical of the books after 2010, like Atkins Made Easy, which had menus that were almost all shakes, bars and Atkins frozen foods. But this book has all real whole food menus, and you actually have to search around to even find mention of the ANA products in a list in the appendix.

Gorgeous photos with the recipes, all made with whole foods, many VLC. The recipes are about half the book and I do plan to try some of them. This book appears influenced by the paleo or real foods movement since most of the crap is gone and with an emphasis on better quality oils, etc. It has a brief overview of the science but also 80 studies supporting LC to back up that section in the appendix. And all the other Atkins tips on eating out, food at work, etc.

I have read every Atkins from 1972 on and think this is the best yet written by Colette Heimowitz. I don’t know if I’d pay $30, but our library had ordered it, check at yours to see if you like it first. The “Look Inside” feature at Amazon also has quite a few pages, including some of the recipes with the full page photos. https://www.amazon.com/Atkins-Guide...e/dp/1501175440
Sponsored Links