View Single Post
  #76   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 16:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 214/205.5/169 Male 5'10
BF:?
Progress: 19%

I got this version from Homesar. I use it on my modified fat fast. Any coments?

Here's how I do it:

Gather together:

............3 small boxes sugar free jello of your favorite flavor
............1 8-ounce package of Neufchatel cheese (see notes below)
............1 cup heavy whipping cream

Notes:

I've opted for the smaller packages of jello, making three of them at a time, since this produces enough servings for one day of fat fasting (five feedings).

I use Neufchatel cheese, Philadelphia brand, because it dissolves well in the hot jello mixture. The fat-full cream cheese does not entirely dissolve, and produces a less satisfactory product, as far as I'm concerned. Also, watch the store brands of these cheeses. I find that Philadelphia brand cream cheese and neufchatel cheese (what they call their fat-reduced cream cheese) have lower carbs than the store house brands.

Preparation:

Place 3 cups of water in a pan that will hold six to eight cups. I use a 8-cup Pyrex mixing bowl w/handle and spout, putting the 3 cups of water in it and microwaving on "high" for about five minutes.

While the 3 cups of water is heating, place ice cubes in a four-cup measure cup, adding water until the water/ice mixture comes to 3 cups.

Dump in the powdered jello into the heated water and stir with a wire whisk until well dissolved, approximately two minutes.

Unwrap the Neufchatel cheese and gently place it in the hot jello mixture. Press the wire whisk into the cheese to break it into smaller pieces, and when they're small enough, gently whisk the mixture. The Nuefchatel cheese will eventually dissolve after two or three minutes of gentle stirring with the wire whisk.

Gently pour the ice/water mixture into the jello/creamcheese mixture, and whisk gently until all ice is dissolved. Place the container of jello/cheese liquid in a freezer. Check it about every ten minutes, whisking at each check, to ensure even cooling.

While the jello/cheese mixture is chilling, whip one cup of whipped cream until stiff. You may sweeten to taste it if desired. I use standard saccharine sweetner. When whipped stiff, set in refrigerator until needed.

When the jello/cheese mixture has begun to gel (it's the consistency of very thick pancake batter), gently fold the whipped cream into the partially gelled jello/cheese mixture.

Packaging:

If one is going to remain in one place most of the time, you can simply put the stuff into a bowl in the fridge and let the gelling continue. I travel around during the day, so I portion the mixture into 7 ounce plastic cups (cost about $1.75/100 count in the grocery store). Depending on how high you've whipped the cream, this recipe will fill 10-12 7-ounce cups. I slap some aluminum foil on the top, then put them in the fridge till needed. They're pretty portable in workout bags or big purses.

CALORIES:

From Jello: 60 calories, all from protein
From cream cheese: 560 calories, 480 calories from fat
From whipped cream: 800 calories, all from fat
Total calories of batch: 1420 calories, 90 percent from fat

If you please, you can eat only jello thingies, in the right proportion, to get the 200 calories you need for each feeding. This would come from dividing the batch into seven equal servings.

However you divide the jello/cheese batch, figure out the resulting calorie count, and then add enough oil or other pure fat (at 40 calories per teaspoon) to get your 200 calories.

I divide my jello batch into ten servings, each approximately 140 calories. So, to get the remaining 60 calories, I add 1.5 teaspoons of my lime-flavored safflower oil.

Hope this helps.

Homesar
Sponsored Links