View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-17-17, 12:00

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

In addition to the above, soaking feet or bathing in epsom salts can help. When I broke my foot an old-timer suggested epsom salts and I thought it was just an old wives tale and as a scientist didn't see how it could help a broken bone and did nothing for a couple of weeks, then tried it as a last resort and it worked! In retrospect, I suspect the salts must draw excess fluid/inflammation out.

Another way to kill pain is ice. I had knee surgery and was told to ice it 20 mins per hour and kept two bags of frozen peas around for the purpose. As a kid I always took the ice off as soon as it began to burn, but found the intense burning feeling right before it goes numb doesn't actually last that long and if you think of it as intense warming, rather than burning, you can easily get into the no pain zone. My doctor was surprised that my knee was back to full mobility in half the usual time, probably because I was the only patient who fully complied with his icing plan.

For localized pain, there are also OTC pain patches such as Salonpas that work for 12 hrs. My healed broken metatarsal sometimes aches when the humidity is very high, but one Salonpas makes it possible to keep up with my daily walking and other activities.