Old Mon, Dec-24-12, 11:27

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenders
Merry Christmas Eve!
Well, this morning I'm up to 238.4!!! Arrgghh. Not sure why. I was down to 236.2 and have been slowly gaining the past few days even while staying on plan.
Here's yesterdays meals:
B- 2 scrambled eggs in butter with 3 pork sausages
L- 3 ham and cheese roll ups with mayo and mustard
D- 1 piece grilled chicken thigh, 3/4 c. rice with butter, 3 small slices of rum cake, 1 ice cream bar, 1 glass of wine

No, it's not CALP but I've been having a big reward meal with lots of carbs to get down to 236.2. It's just strange that I'm gaining. The only difference now is that I'm eating 2 CM instead of just one plus a snack. Am I just not giving it enough time? I should be doing my weekly weight calculations, right? Any gain is irritating so I guess I'm really just venting.
Anyway, Merry Christmas!

If it were me, I'd look at the ingredients in the pork sausages (unless you made these yourself from scratch - as I do, have recipe if you'd like) - look for any msg (the Hellers have a list of all items that are just "another name" for msg, which I know I'm sensitive to) and any sugars.

The ham - yes I do this too, but I haven't found a sugar free ham out there, and your body might be reacting to what the ham was treated/cured with,
and I'd not lose with that rm..no way. For me, that would be way too many carbs, not enough protein and veggies.

You just have to find the right balance for you..we each work a bit differently in terms of how sensitive we are. I.e. I can eat rice without a huge blood sugar blip, but one thin slice of white flour bread? Forget it!

You'll get there, keep your food logs - you'll figure out what does and doesn't work for you.