#20   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 16:38
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Judy, That is COOOL!

Eno, As I told ya, I read a lot of the low carb plans. I find them interesting and motivating. Anyway, the Hellers talk about using a weekly
AVERAGE of weight loss. I like that idea. I think I will try that. My weight does jump around. I don't get "upset" with any day's weight, I mentally watch for repeated days. I think the average thing is a good idea.

My diabetes management HAS to take top priority. If my BG is up, I HAVE to take insulin--even if it means I will gain weight. If my BG is down, I HAVE to take glucose. Several days of insulin reactions will also make for a weight gain. I just have to accept it and get over it. Balancing my BG consistently=slow weight loss. BUT, it IS weight loss.

Part of my weight loss maintenance (food addiction recovery) is actually focusing on managing my diabetes. They are all very much alike in my brain. Chronic disease management is not unlike being in recovery from an addiction.

My point is that of course we will have to develop daily management care. It makes complete sense to me that we will have to collect and review personal data. I mean, dang, I even do this as a teacher monitoring my students' progress and educational needs/goals. I just think the key to it is to do it for OURSELVES. We determine which maintenance tools do the job. We monitor, collect, and review data---whether it be how clothes fit, measurements, body weight, occasional carb &/or calorie content, etc.

As maintainers, we have accepted that we cannot go back to limitless eating. In many of our cases, we cannot go back to eating some of the foods we used to eat. What continues to stun me is how many people believe they can intersperse the old eating patterns into their lives weight loss and weight maintenance.
Sara<><