View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-05, 06:57

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default Bumping an old thread

I just spotted this thread today, and read everything with great interest. I've been officially in maintenance since April 2005, with one excursion back to induction to counteract a vacation weight gain. The sneaky 5 lbs.

To all the other comments, I want to add: rereading my program book (Dr. Atkins) brought to light a lot of information I hadn't paid much attention to while I was in Loss Mode. Dr. A has a breezy style (okay--hyper at times.) He tends to insert sentences here and there like asides--but that are really important. Example: most people can't eat a high-fat diet.

Hey--what happened to my "low-carb advantage"? As it turns out, I DO have to pay careful attention to what I eat. I use Fitday periodically to recheck my eating habits. I step on the scales often to remind myself where I want to STAY. I mind my carbs. It's the mindfulness I learned every step of the way on my low-carb journey to GOAL that serves me now.

I tend to admire myself in the mirror a lot, because most people in my life now don't remember me as a "fat person." It's been almost ten years since I first lost the 50 lbs (on a low-fat diet). Atkins has been my key to continuing success. Still--yesterday, when I wore my skinny jeans and black turtleneck, someone stopped me in the hallway at work and said, "Wow. I don't know how you do it!" Evidently, she's one of those people who's been watching me...watching for me to get fat again? I swear it's not going to happen. Ever.