View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-14, 20:48
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

I don't have much fashion sense either and tend to gravitate toward tailored clothes. I've never gone shopping for clothes with anyone - I guess I never wanted to drag anyone into shops that just I had to shop in.

Yes, I do believe US sizing and Canadian sizing still tends to be different - Canadian size 16 is smaller than US size 16. It makes it harder to buy things online.

A friend of mine swears by the clothes in Giant Tiger of all places -- they have a small selection but they are really cheap and they can end being OK for stop-gap purposes.

I haven't been for a year or two but I used to really like Laura Plus for dressier clothes and tailored clothes in larger sizes. The more expensive clothes tend to fit better as well, I find. And they had some pants that fit a smaller waist and larger hip quite well too.

I have had the most compliments on weight loss when I have been wearing something more form-fitting than usual -- wearing baggy things really doesn't do a newer figure justice.

For me, I am not really concerned so much with keeping up with trends -- I've always liked classics better than the latest thing so I've continued to buy to that style.

I do know that wearing newer, smaller clothes is an inspiration to continue working on my weight and that in itself is a good reason to go shopping for something different!