#34   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-09, 17:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/166/150 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceInAla
Sybil: I found the same to be true on long bike rides. i allow myself some good carbs while riding, but no sugary sweets/gatorade. Whole grain/yogurt bars, fig newtowns, olives, bananas, and I drink Propel alternated with Nuun. It works and there is no problem transitioning back to LC immediately afterwards. I do not carb load pre ride. I also manage my effort level to be sure I stay below the exhaustion threshold.

Let us know how your training and competing goes!

Fig newtons great idea! Thanks! I'll give that and banana a try Sunday. I usually stay at a lower effort on my long runs/rides as well - I try to stick to heart rate training, so it's only on shorter workouts that I do hills/intervals. I don't usually use an electrolite drink, I just use Thermolite pills and they work well ... a bit more potent than Nuun.

I don't usually find any problems going back to LC right afterwards even if I do have a carby breakfast and/or gels as long as I work out long enough and it all gets burned off I'd just rather not have to deal with the cravings that I get for a couple days afterwards.