Old Sun, Jun-24-07, 05:50

Plan: Dr. Bernstein (modified )
Stats: 298/205/199 Male 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunboy47
To Dancinbr:

Hey Ralph, you mentioned a spike at 247 after eating and not being on meds. That is not good! You might want to try some gymnema slyvestre. It is an herb and acts as a sugar blocker and can help control the spikes.

Those lower numbers are great, but watch that pendulum effect, it isn't good to be going more than about 140 an hour or two after meals if you're going to go without meds. Be careful!

I agree. That is why we must stay low carb.

But after two hours everything is always below 140; generally around 120 as long as I have not overdone it with carbs.

If I stay at 6-12-12, which is what I AM SUPPOSED TO DO, then there is no issue with it at all.

Now, yesterday was a relatively good day. 8-9-21. Not quite 6-12-12 but not too far off either.

My readings from dawn to dusk were: 103,121,99,112,114. These are all pretty safe readings, although Bernstein would argue for all readings to be 100 or below.

So, I have messed around for a few days no meds and have definitely proven that the diet is the major helper to lowering blood sugars. Well, we all knew that, but to be on meds or not is the consideration and to see what meds help or don't help.

I will continue another couple of days and then reintroduce metformin or as Cajunboy suggests perhaps try an herb.

I need to go back and find his list of herbs that he takes and learn more about them.