Thread: Trying again
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-17, 11:35

Plan: mix of IF and Keto diet
Stats: 283/256/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I've been doing IF for about 2 weeks now ...lost 8 lb. I was introduced to IF while researching something else on YouTube. I latched onto seminars by J. Fung (author of Obesity Code) and have also listened to several videos by Eric Berg. Berg is not an MD while Fung is. Due to my dyslexia challenges, I learn better via audio & visual, so YouTube has been a wonderful tool! There's other vids on YouTube of people who do IF as well as Keto dieting, so lots of info out there.

My main reason for coming back to the LC forum is that I like to learn from others who are also trying the IF mode after other LC-alone approaches have not worked for them. I expecially appreciate those who share their 'failures' or 'draw backs' so I can learn from them too.

SO FAR I've found IF not difficult to follow (the 16:8 plan) since it almost follows most closely to my personality/habits. I'm sometimes am able to extend it into a 20:4 day. I began this eating style 2 weeks ago with a 2-day fast, using only about a 500-calorie snack before going to bed. I've since worked on trying to get 8 hours of sleep at night (not always successful). So ...thanks for replying my note & I look forward to hearing from others too.