Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 12:23

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Smile Welcome!

Quote:
Originally posted by Foxeylady
I'm from Northern Newfoundland, but I now live and work in PEI. I am brand new to this forum and so far I love it! I am not interested in buying expensive brand name low carb products. But I do buy soy flour, wheat gluten, almond flour, and flax meal at the local Sobeys or Bulk Barn. I am still on the look out for Xanthan Gum (supposedly a great thickener) and pork rinds. I am not intersted in protein shakes or bars. But I would like to find some sugarfree Jello or pudding mixes. HAven't seen them yet. I am the only person that I know here who is low-carbing. My sister in Nova Scotia is doing it, so we try to support each other. It's nice to know they are other East Coasters on these forums!

Foxeylady...I'm trying to remember where I got my Xanthan Gum (quite sure think was in health food section of Superstore and quite sure saw it at Bulk Barn) (don't know if you have the chain Superstore in PEI)...I did get pork rinds for hubby at my local Bulk Barn..they have them in plain and BBQ flavor...you could possibly request your local one (Bulk Barn) to try to get these items in for you ...if I can help with any other questions just ask...B