View Single Post
  #89   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 20:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/265/155
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Life changes one week from today

I have finally reached my decision. I am starting Atkins one week from today. The reason for the delay is due to several events I have coming up during these next few days. My son graduates from college on Sat and I am throwing him a party so I know starting out on a new diet will be next to impossible, then on Sunday, I am having all family over for a cookout for Mother's Day, and then last but not least my children have asked me if I would go to a favorite Italian restuarant for MY mother's day dinner on Tuesday.....so I decided the best day to start would be Wed May 21st. In the meantime, I am reading everything I can get my hands on to get a handle on LC and the forums here. I have 110 lbs to lose....not an easy task!!! But have made the decision that I am tired of missing out on too much of life because of my weight. Please, wish me luck!!!! So taking on the committment of one year is probably the best thing for me. If I may do so, I would like very much to participate in your one year committement: I wanttolive, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Wanttolive.