View Single Post
  #162   ^
Old Mon, May-11-15, 10:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 262/244/150 Female 5'6"
BF:yes, yes it is
Progress: 16%

Just to chime in on this old (but still very relevant) thread. I have been doing LC for about 10 weeks now, and find that my appetite is greatly reduced -- partly because that happens on this WOE, but certainly also because I just can't look at another meal of eggs/cheese/meat in ANY combination. I don't eat very much anymore because I'm sick to death of the food! I'm not bored... just sick of it. You may love cheesecake, for example, but not EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE. After having your favourite food every single day, you can get sick of anything. My husband BBQ'ed steak last night, which I always love and hardly ever have, and I just thought of it as yet another hunk of meat I had to choke down. After several hours, I had it with some ranch dressing on top just so it wouldn't be wasted. Walking through the grocery store yesterday, I could smell the peaches. "Peaches"! I thought (with an expletive added). To think that it's absolutely forbidden to each a lovely piece of fruit. How can I possibly stay on this WOE long-term? It is neither satisfying or natural. No corn-on-the-cob this summer? No watermelon?
The other side of things is that I have only lost about 17 pounds (12 in the first month; 5 in the past 6 weeks), and I have A LOT to lose, so the pay-off of this restrictive, tedious diet has not been up to expectations. We all have to make our deal with the devil, and I'm starting to think that eating a peach or some corn once in a while -- and staying overweight -- is a valid life choice too. Maybe if I were seeing more results from this diet I would not be feeling so down on it right now.
People on this list say "Stick with it...it WILL pay off", and I know there are lots of success stories out there, but maybe there are some people it just does not work for -- because of medications they take, lack of exercise due to physical problems, being "middle aged", etc. All of which I have.
I wonder how many have resorted to surgery when low-carbing just did not work for them?
sorry to vent...