View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 23:48
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 195/153/125 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 60%

Shredded wheat as a snack: permitted but not all the time. Suzanne says that carbs are best eaten early in the day, to give your system time to recover from the insulin spike.

Cream sauce is legal if it doesn't have funky ingredients in it. You'll probably have to make your own, as I don't believe I've seen bottled sauces that are legal.

Peaches and strawberries are legal. We do not count carbs on Somersizing and to counteract the sugar in fruit, we eat fruit alone, on an empty stomach (2 hours after pro/fat or 1 hour before pro/fat, 20 minutes before carb).

Legal whole wheat bread - Ezekiel bread in the orange wrapper is legal. Otherwise, you will probably have to go to a bakery. A few of the many names for sugar: any "syrup" (corn syrup, brown rice syrup, etc.), words ending in -ose (dextrose, fructose), molasses, honey.

No sugar whatsoever is allowed. Suzanne feels that Splenda and other artificial sweeteners should be used with caution, except for her Somersweet which apparently is ok to use without caution. She also states that she is against aspartame for "health" reasons. In any case, I don't use Somersweet, as it is unbelievably expensive to ship to Canada. I do use Splenda occasionally.