View Single Post
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 09:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/185/150 Female 5 ft.5in.
BF:
Progress: 60%

HI ALL!!
Well I see by my post that my typing is awful..I have taken classes and failed all three!! One teacher told me Please do not become a secretary or work with computers..giggle she was right. But I have no trouble with numbers or chemistry
Nance thanks for the pep talk& great advice..love the allergic idea I think I'll use it
I have finaly found some turkey salami with cheese YUM,most of the sausages here have some sugar in them so I have to read the lables very carefully. You are so right not to go looking for replacements with lc foods. It is best to keep it pure and simple. I am able to get flax seed and also found a protien powder with .03 carbs per 100ml. Have not had time to try it. I am slowly getting tired of eggs and want to try some of the flax cereal recipes I have seen here.
Chiqui.. Hang in there ,you got a great start just keep eating lc. It took me 5 weeks get over sweet cravings but now I have none and DH can sit in front of me and eat his "Gummy Bears" or chocolate and I have no desire for them..wow never ever thought I would say that.
With all your travels and resturants..I was wondering..when you are in the nicer resturants ask the wait person if thy have a dibetic list..I know that the Hilton in Seattle has one..you just have to ask, also tell them you are "algergic to rice and wheat flour". Apple Bees has some great things you can eat. And there is always chef and taco salads(ohne shell) ask for extra kase.
Thanks for your thoughts on German ..I am one who has a hard time learning and I think you are right, don't make a big thing of it. I have been having lessons for 2yrs. I can barely get by..but then that is something. This old dog can still learn new tricks just a lot slower.
Just have to thank you all for all the support and encouragement
Take care and keep on LCing!!
Pattie