View Single Post
  #112   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-13, 13:06
Registered Member

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 120/120/120 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress:

That's a really interesting article and answers some of my questions.
I've just started supplementing with salt. I bought a blood pressure monitor to check and provide some reassurance and my blood pressure is slightly on the low side so that's fine. Also indicates, along with a faster heartbeat than normal, that maybe I do need some salt - previous blood work showed that my sodium levels were very low and since then I haven't supplemented as much salt as this thread indicates.

I've had a bit of a flare in the last week and I thought I was coming out of it. A flare being a crushing fatigue, short of breath, feel stressed (although no reason why I should feel stressed), tired and heart beating faster than normal. These flares are very disabling. I have ME and the flares reduce my level of function dramatically - I am virtually housebound.

I thought I was coming out of the flare but it's back to crushing. I started supplementing with sea salt and rock salt, taking a 1/3 teaspoon of salt 3 times a day and started to feel better. I'm taking it in about 500ml of water and drinking it during the day, along with normal water, but mainly the salt water. Am I doing this right? I did supplement with a bit of potassium but it increased my heart rate more so I don't think I need potassium right now.

See this thread for details on where I am/was. Any thoughts? Thank you, I really appreciate your advice.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=449093