View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-17-17, 17:42

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

If you are purchasing these in the USA, we have a system of ingredients labels that allows food manufacturers to claim zero carbs if the amount is lower than 1 gram. Therefore, there can be carbs that are labelled as zero, but a small amount is in the food. It all comes down to how much you want to tolerate and how many pork rinds you eat. When I buy pork rinds, I look for pork rinds and salt as the only two ingredients. I do stay away from maltodextrin or any other added sugars. Some companies will add flavors using the sugar, in this case maltodextrin, as a base that when applied in the manufacturing facility, the flavors will stick to the rinds. I purchase plain pork rinds that don't have these additives. The other observation I'll make is that in the process of using it as a base for other flavors, I'm suspicious of any flavor in general, as this is usually processed chemicals to enhance the amount of consumption of the product and simply add more crap to the food. You know, "betcha can't eat just one." YMMV. Good luck.