View Single Post
  #151   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 18:43
Wombat Ashramite

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Donald's not here to defend himself (he's off supporting his sister and her family while his brother-in-law is in ICU as the result of a cardiac arrest) so I thought I'd jump in (hope you don't mind DLo).

I don't think Donald has ever claimed to have created this recipe, in fact at the beginning of this thread, he refers to it as the deep dish pizza quiche, "I like so much," not "that I invented." He has a habit of posting his daily menus in his journal and many people ask him for the recipes. Since his journal is so big he gets asked many, many times for the same recipe by folks that are new to the forum and don't have time to read his entire opus. I've seen lots of recipes end up credited to Donald as, for example, Donald's Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, and I think it's just not possible for Donald to go everywhere in the forum his name is mentioned and correct misunderstandings. If we expected him to do this, he wouldn't have any time to actually participate in the forum.

I don't think it's that unusual for people to get this impression that this recipe was created by Donald. He is the one that brought it into the recipe forum and I think some people have just assumed he created it. It's not really his fault that he shared a recipe he loved, probably prompted by requests in his journal and then got the credit. I know that I would never have run across it without him, so I'm just grateful. It doesn't matter to me who invented it, I'm just enjoying the good eating!

Have a happy day,

xo Dig
Sponsored Links