View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-08, 09:58

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Hi Rhianwen! I went through a similar decision making process last year, and decided that I didn't want somebody else deciding what specific foods to include in my diet- things such as "cream is ok but no nuts" is stupid for me when I can't have dairy! The science behind the minimum protein requirments also made a lot of sense to me.

ILoveEggs!- don't worry about the occasional off plan meal. Just make sure it's OCCASIONAL and you don't let this turn into new habits!

I did pretty well at my daughter's Bat Mitzvah a few months back; it was the leftovers taking up space in my fridge that did me in! They kept staring at me, and they were taking up space that could have held healthier foods...

I'm not planning on hosting any parties of that scale until my son turns 13, which is over 6 years away. By then we'll likely have lots of teenaged boys visiting who can polish off the leftovers fairly quickly- or I'll freeze them right away to keep the fridge space clear. Or maybe I won't care much by then because I'll have been maintaining my goal weight for over 5 years.