View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-14-18, 07:20

Plan: ketogenic
Stats: 193/184.2/140 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Hi Everyone, this is me!

Hi everyone! I came across the low carb way of eating in the form of Atkins years ago. My husband took it on board and lost quite a bit of weight. Im happy to say at that time I didn't really need to lose weight. I wasn't slim, but I was reasonably happy with myself. At the time i wasn't impressed with Atkins!! I was a newly qualified nurse and was indoctrinated into the medical profession's opinion of it being 'bad' for you! It went against everything I had been taught and was following in my practise.
Anyway fast forward 20 or so years and here I am following something very similar. Its still a bit foreign to me, but i have done so much research recently to ensure I fully understand the LCHF concept that I can rationalise my inbred fear of fat!!
I have fibromyalgia and I'm about 25kg overweight so I think its worth a try to see if I can benefit from the fat loss and anti-inflammatory results.
I started this way of eating about a week ago and seem to be doing ok. I bought some ketostix and although I understand their accuracy is dubious, I need some kind of measuring tool to confirm that what I'm doing is on the right path. Im tracking my macro intake fastidiously, again a control thing, but i figure it can do no harm. It has made me realise that keeping within my protein goal is an ongoing challenge!!
No Keto flu at this point and my mental clarity is great!

So thats me for now, I look forward to getting to know you guys, and am excited about getting into the expertise that's within these pages!
Sponsored Links