#22   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-13, 05:52

Plan: VLC/High Fat
Stats: 253/249/200 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitwork
Do you find you are losing or at least maintaining?

Losing very actively, for the month of August I am down 5lbs so far in two weeks. My favorite meal is along the lines of:

some type of beef (usually cube steak cooked in butter or ground beef cooked as-is), pan drippings poured over top
fried egg -- medium (cooked in butter)
cheese -- generally with a higher fat vs. protein content, I'm a label nazi (I like sharp, aged cheeses or goat's cheese)

Especially if I am at home all day (three days a week off, I work four ten hour days) I will eat something like this as my "meal" of the day. I get a lot of free, organic eggs from work (if one is broken they give away the whole dozen to employees!) so I am trying to do at least one egg a day regularly just to eat them down...still 2doz in my fridge lol!

Lately I have been HUNGRY a lot more after my one meal, so I do sometimes have to snack a little. This snacking has not impeded my progress seemingly. I just make sure it's super low carb and have what I like (pork cracklings and goat cheese yesterday, it was tasty). High fat doesn't bother me at all, and I do what I can just to make sure my fat is higher than my protein intake and avoid things with excess carbs. It works, that's for sure; even when I do retain water weight from hormones I drop it fast plus a little extra seemingly over a day or two.

I feel I personally can hold myself more accountable by sticking to a basic guideline rather than having one time a day where I eat what I like; I really don't feel deprived, and from the reading I have done I am honestly a little carb-phobic in terms of what they can do to your health (especially sucrose - refined table sugar - and high fructose corn syrup). My favorite eats are odd to most people (I've had people kind of laugh at my meals in the break room at my job), but *I* like how they taste, and it's pretty obvious I've lost a lot of weight since I've had my third baby (I started LC'ing around the beginning of May -- almost 25lb down). The dramatic results I'm seeing keep me super motivated, and I love that I don't have any need of exercise! I still have a good bit of weight to lose (150 is way low for me, but if I get to 170 or wherever and my weight loss stalls on it's own then I am super happy), and I want to pass on what I have learned to some of my family who are struggling.

EDIT -- And yes, that means I eat little to no veggies -- at most I'll sometimes have baby spinach at work as a salad base, and only VERY little. I have tomatoes growing and might do one of those a day when they ripen up. I will definitely not turn down an avocado occasionally either (yes, I know, it's a fruit hehe).