Old Sun, Oct-28-12, 14:58

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinethery
Nothing worth getting ever comes easy.

You said it! You're decades younger than me and I only learned this truth comparatively recently. Retaking classes SUCKS. I went to college (not back to college) when I was 39. The first year of required courses were repeats of what I had learned in my last year of high school in England 23 years earlier. So that was a bit frustrating because I was in a hurry. The other classes were difficult and challenged me more than anything I'd ever experienced before academically. But I wanted to get a degree, get out of there, and get hired in my chosen field (mid-life change of profession) so badly I could taste it! There was one thing I had to pass in order to graduate. I took it at the beginning, failed. Again the following year, failed. Again at the end, passed!

Keeping my eye on the prize made it non-negotiable to knuckle down and do whatever I had to do to succeed. The surprising bonus was that the entire four years were actually fun - but that was mostly because my fellow students were so accepting and supportive even though I was so much older than them. Some of them are still my friends 20 years later! One calls me every year on my birthday!

From your posts here on the forum, I don't doubt you'll achieve everything you want to achieve, Brigitta. Keep your eyes on the prize.