Old Thu, Aug-15-13, 10:20

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsej
Hi,
I eat low-carb fruits from the time I waken and up until noon. I still watch mis-combinations (combining dense starches with animal proteins), but I don't
totally throw out the bread..

I hope that works for you. Personally I don't like eating only fruit till lunchtime, mainly because it messes with insulin and I have insulin resistance already.
I just started the Glycemic Load Diet by Robert Thompson, MD. He formulated the 'glycemic load' as compared to the glycemic index and explained why the glycemic index is flawed and doesn't work. My weight is finally starting to drop. Basically, he says just don't eat potatoes, grains and sugar sweetened beverages and you can eat just about anything else. He allows low carb wheat tortillias but I don't eat wheat due to gluten. I have 1 slice of gluten free whole grain bread a day. This sounds like a diet one can live with. His website has a list of foods and the glycemic loads.. He also allows sugar and honey which he said is low glycemic, and plain yogurt. You'd have whole milk plain yogurt, stir in a tsp of sugar and he said that is very low glycemic measure.