View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-18, 19:00

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

I'm not a woman, nor am I pregnant (duh!).

But I do have a fairly well-functioning brain, so Ima put my two cents in here. My first cent goes to the presumption that women also have a fairly well-functioning brain, and that they use it. So, Ima throw this out there as an idea to consider.

If ya eat good for yarself, then dontcha eat good for yar kid too? It ain't the weight, it's the food. Imagine all those generations of women before you, did they use a scale to weigh themselves every day to check their weight and conform to some official guideline some douchebag with a doctorate wrote cuz he could write? Nah, but they certainly knew all about food and about cooking and about giving birth and about feeding a kid and all that stuff.

OK, so you're a woman, you went low-carb, you're on this forum reading and writing, asking and giving advice, sharing your experience with other women, and you're pregnant or gave birth and have kids and all that jazz. But most importantly, your health improved in myriad ways when you went low-carb. And maybe you made your kids suffer horribly, and they got real sad and angry when you switched them to low-carb too. But most importantly, their health improved in myriad ways when you did that.

My second cent goes to this dumass quote:
Quote:
Healthy eating is great. A balanced diet is ideal. As many of us are now overweight, we could probably do with taking on food writer Michael Pollan’s adage: “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”

Ya, dumass quote, like I said. Ima substitute something in there like so.

Eat food. Mostly fat meat. As much as you want, dear.

See what I did there? Mom told me a story about giving birth to one of us, where immediately after, she asked for a big steak, and when she got that big steak she picked it up with her bare hands and just murdered it (I'm paraphrasing). I also vaguely remember reading a few stories about vegan parents who killed their kid by following that idjit Pollan's advice in that dumass quote up here (i.e. if mostly plants is good, then only plants is best, then it's also best for my kid, ya?). I certainly remember clearly not ever having read anything of the sort about low-carb parents who killed their kid by following some other famous person's advice about that, say like Atkins or Eades or Eenfeldt.

So there, two cents for ya. In the end, it's your body and your kid, you do what you wanna, and Ima cook that steak so good, dear. As a side note, here's an easy recipe for your dumass significant other who can't cook for the life of you, but it's awesome I promise. 1lb of ground meat (beef, pork, whatever, doesn't matter), 1/4lb of butter, cook to medium, add 1 can of whole tomatoes, some seasonings if you want (lots of salt is really good for this, some cumin, a bit of pepper, whatever you like), bring to a quick boil, serve, eat. This makes two very large bowls, which you could just eat up on your own, screw your dumass significant other, he can cook some more for himself later.