View Single Post
  #425   ^
Old Mon, Aug-14-17, 23:11

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Hi everybody. Don't know if this is the right place for this post or not.

I'm 64, almost 65.

I posted this, this morning:

Originally Posted by gonwtwindo
Welp - I've been having sharp pain in the mornings for the last 8+ weeks, that goes away within a couple of hours usually. It's more at the top of my thighs, in back, but so intense it causes my gait to buckle. I thought it was related to my back injury of '11 and keep thinking I need to make an appointment with the neurologist again.

Well...maybe not! The last 3 days I have done hamstring and piriformis stretches as soon as I wake up, and before my morning walks. Result: no, or little, pain for the last 3 days!

Forgot to do them this morning (very little pain when I awoke) and about 50 steps into my walk OWWW OWWW OWWW! Sharp pains that caused my gait to buckle again.

I stopped right there on the sidewalk and did the stretches - the rest of my walk was PAIN FREE.

*feeling encouraged and inspired*

Then, tonight:
I've noticed the last several weeks that my footsteps have sometimes been harder-falling, and sometimes I kind of scuff the ground when I walk. Well I did it today exiting a grocery store (scuffed the bumpy strip bordering the asphalt) and felt those shocking pains at the tops of my thighs (in back). Anyone else experience this?

My old back injury? Sensitive piriformis? Or just 'getting old' stuff?