#56   ^
Old Sat, Oct-29-16, 18:14

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
Trappa, you WILL go backwards. And forwards. And backwards. Not because of constipation, necessarily, or anything else. Just because that's what our bodies do.

Most people fluctuate about 5 lbs over the course of several weeks, if they are already at a stable weight. I find that I fluctuate about 3 lbs above my newest low, whatever that is, and then the swings get narrower, and I eventually hit a new low. But it can be three weeks, or two months between new lows.

SOME people lose in what looks like a linear fashion, if you look at it at the end of the road. But if you look at it along that road, you'll see dips and jumps. And they remember those dips and jumps, and the frustration they caused.

It's normal. Janet (JEY) has a link to an article called "Don't trust your scale with your mental health" that talks about all the reasons that weight fluctuates. I follow JustJo's philosophy: I can't control what that infernal contraption says I weigh. All I can control is what I eat.

Yup, it's all normal. Once you start to accept the swings, the ups, the lows, the losses, the gains -- you may even see a pattern -- you'll accept that as how it works and not stress out about it. If the overall trend is downward, it's all good. You can either ditch the scale, or embrace it like I have