#151   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-16, 17:53

Plan: Atkins / Keto / ZC
Stats: 182/130/130 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default !!! Winning !!!

Hello y'all,
I have been on Atkins or LCHF since late 2012, and have finally come within a couple of pounds of my target weight. I am now 56 years old, and I can tell you that Menopause slows things down, but need not stop you.
I made mistakes along the way, including eating too much meat (protein), eating when I was not hungry, not eating enough fat, drinking far too much wine (I quit drinking wine and the pounds started dropping off), eating carbs when I craved them, drinking too much coffee, and eating junk food when the kids come over.
I now eat very little, because I am simply not hungry on the LCHF diet.

Typical Breakfast (eaten between 11:30 am and 3:00 pm) is 1 cup mushrooms sauted in 50 g butter, with spinach, and maybe some avocado.

Lunch: not hungry

Dinner: 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm - 100 g of meat, with 50 g of butter and steamed broccoli and cauliflower. Two squares of 90% dark chocolate.

I sometimes have a couple of squares of dark chocolate in the late afternoon, but only if I am hungry.

I had to stop eating because I thought I should, or was bored, or some other excuse.

I still have drinks occasionally with hubby, but I don't ever have wine more than one night in a row.

I am now considering reducing my goal weight, to see where this LCHF bus will stop. But I will keep everyone posted.

Aging and menopause have certainly slowed down my ability to lose weight, and I am fortunate to have been able to lose as much as I have without hunger or much trouble, save for rising to the challenges of hormonal changes. I am through Menopause. It only took 8 years.

Sponsored Links