Old Sat, Jan-25-14, 04:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyseed
Hi ladies,
I'm an Aussie , aged 57 and have been zero carb for approximately 5 years.
When I first started doing this lifestyle I lost about 10 kgs in short while.
Somehow, the kilos have managed to come back so that I'm now needing to lose 5 kgs.
It is very difficult to lose fat now that I'm in my late 50s.
Even at 49-50years, it was still relatively easier than it is now.
I feel flabbier and untoned.. but I guess I'm not 20 anymore!
I eat plenty of fat, moderate protein and zero carb .
I ride 50 kms weekly, on my bike and I work full time.
I guess I have obvious signs of post menopausal fat distribution with much larger hips than I've ever had and fat pads between my knees and calves making my legs look most unattractive - and it won't budge.
I'd like to meet other ladies doing this lifestyle , to be supportive and to share ideas.
Pops

I started this WOE 11 years ago. I lost 85lbs. I did gain a bit a few years ago, partly thru increasing carbs again and what I thought was due to menopause. BUT, two years ago I decided I wasnt having any of it - so post menopausal, I decided to go back to strict induction, lost all the weight and am now the same size as I was 10 years ago. Ok, my poor old body aint gonna be like a 20 year olds again and my skin is wrinkly cos theres no fat to plump it out, but I refuse to "buy" the menopausal fat thing and I havent got any!!!!!

That said, I'm beginning to think maybe I should put a bit on now - a skinny old lady isnt a good look for me?!?

Jo xxx