View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-11, 13:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/195.6/172 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Magically disappearing hypothyroidism?

Hey everyone, haven't been posting much because I'm studying for a huge prof. exam, but I just got bloodwork back and am totally confused.

I used to see Dr. Lemmerman and was on 105 Armour and 10 mg C-Liothyronine back in the day. I also had whatever the name of that not being able to transform T3 to T4 or vice versa (I swear I used to be up on all this but my brain is broken thx to all the studying!) I was also diagnosed with Hashi's and had some nodules on my thyroid.

I moved from the area around when the natural thyroid disappeared from the market, and after trying an equivalent dose of synthroid to no effect, I wound up off thyroid completely because I haven't found a dr. yet in LA who seems knowledgeable about anything besides diabetes (my A1C is great).

So I went back to a non-local Endo I've seen before and thought was OK - he wasn't super jazzed about the natural thyroid but he continued to prescribe it and didn't give me a hard time. Did the bloodwork he wanted me to do, and now he says I'm not hypothyroid and don't need to be treated at all. I know he didn't run a sufficient panel to really judge my thyroid and I'm still having all the symptoms.

Y'all are the most knowledgeable group I know of on these things - can you guys tell me what other tests I need run so that as I try to find a new local Dr. I can find out if they'll do them? At this point, I'm considering going to visit friends in DC just so I can go back to Dr. Lemmerman...

Here's what he ran and my results:
TSH, 3D Generation 2.95 (ref range .40-4.50)
T4, Free 1.1 (rr .8 - 1.8)
T3, Total 98 (rr 76-181)

Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links