#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-16, 14:53
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%
Default I can take this sh#^&, barely

I have had a thyroid diagnosis about 13 years. My dosage was 2.5 grains armour + 25 mcg T3. Got to a wonderful costly dr who got me feeling great since 2010. Feeling great correlated with attaining goal weight and good health.

Gone broke from a workers comp injury, although its the law that we're guaranteed to be paid by workers comp, my special insurance adjuster simply refuses to do that. State disability won't pay because I should be getting worker comp.

On state medical program my dr put me on 25mgs of generic T4, lost all my hair, gained 50lbs, cold and tired, not functioning well mentally. I drink mucho coffee to get thru the day. My injury is not healing, not sure how ligaments and thyroid interact. She upped T4 to 50 and now 75.

For some reason on 75 I feel even worse. I get so cold at night I lay in bed and shake. I've taken my temp when this happens 95.9. My neck is swelling at the thyroid gland, my energy is poor. I stopped atkins induction and alternate day fasts, I didn't lose for 2 months and it was just making me colder. I'm eating 50 carbs a day and maintaining weight my temp is us to 96.6, max 97.12.

Rant: how can a dr be so backwards? She only tests TSH and T4. I don't have a TSH its always 0 and my T4 is low. Why would she start me back at ground 0? She wants to run a million tests on my health. I won't do it I'm not taking a bunch of pharmaceuticals for all the problems shes causing me.

Question: is what do I do? I need a dr that will get me on some armour, or an armour or T3 source.

Thanks for reading. I've learned my lesson - don't mention thyroid problems to general practioners.
Sponsored Links