#40   ^
Old Mon, Apr-18-11, 19:22

Plan: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Stats: 212/162/155 Male 68 "
BF:32/23.5/23.5
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchinson
The alternative is a breakdown of muscle and nerve function.

Obviously it helps if you regularly consume those foods that are good magnesium sources................

I don't understand why anyone would find the idea of using a cheap solution like magnesium bicarbonate mineral water a price too high to pay.

adopt a somewhat less zealous approach to magnesium supplementation.

I have my blood checked every 6 months and my magnesium levels are in normal ranges. I've added muscle this past year, while losing body fat, so no muscle breakdown occured and I don't have any neuropathy problems with nerves. I eat good quality food, which I don't think is a high price to pay for ensuring good health. I am about as zealous as a person as you could encounter when it comes to a discussion of food therapy to obtain and maintain nutrition. I do believe for most people who haven't learned to eat as I do, they should definitely rely daily on expensive and/or cheap supplements, but if we're going to compare absorbtion of nutrition from food to supplements, I'll opt to consume the right foods.... I do supplement, but don't need to supplement daily or even weekly to maintain good health, and I hope there isn't a crime in my letting people know that this is achievable, as I've done it.

I believe the biggest mistake people make is not in taking insuffcient supplements, it is in eating insufficiently. A body that is properly nourished for a long enough period of time, will receive the curative efffect of time. I am NOT an advocate against supplementation, I am for it. If I needed more supplements to achieve normal blood readings, I would do it.

In our modern day, I doubt if the most healthy person could maintain good health without some supplementation. I used to supplement so much that I only saw food as a carb/protein/or fat, didn't realize all that food could really do to nourish the body, so it could heal itself. When my wife introduced me to variety and moderation, it opened up a whole new world for me and I see food in a whole new way. Making right eating choices is so much easier now and the stress over health issues is gone.

I hope my offering a different perspective helps someone to make better eating choices. Food can be the best medicine, it is not the enemy.