#33   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-11, 14:05

Plan: Dr. Bernstein (modified )
Stats: 298/205/199 Male 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollyb
I like my total cholesterol to be close to or just over 200. Nobody is ever going to convince me to take a statin for that.

Have you read Gary Taubes or The Cholesterol Myth? (There are other sources against low cholesterol being better also.
And there is this article by Ray Peat
http://raypeat.com/articles/article...longevity.shtml

sol

I understand what you are saying. However, part of the Trackyourplaque program is to get your profile to 60/60/60. That is to say 60 LDL or less, 60 triglycerides or less and 60 HDL or more. I needed to do this and the 10mg helped me get there. The 1500mg of Niacin was significant in changing the HDL from marginal useless fluffy 56 HDL to 70HDL that now had the really useful scrubber version of HDL.

Now, I also understand the cholesterol myth and that 1/2 the people in this world that have had heart attacks had low cholesterol. However, there is another point being made about Lipitor (and my dose is really low) is that they don't know why but quite by accident they have found that it helps reduce inflammation in the arteries. More and more people are coming to realize inflammation may in fact play a big role in heart disease issues.

I am not going to make like a complete expert, but I am having good experiences with the regimen I now follow including 10mg of Lipitor as part of the regimen along with D3, magnesium, fish oil, niacin, baby aspirin, COQ10, vitamin K2.

Knowledge is moving forward and experience is helping all of us to gain a better perspective on all of the wonderous things we can do to help our bodies stay in good shape.

Ralph