#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-05-12, 16:18
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Montreal Baked Chicken

This is what I'm fixing for dinner tonight. It was so good the last time I made it, I can hardly wait for dinner. I baked it last time but plan on grilling it tonight.

This Induction friendly recipe is super easy…..super good! It can be baked or grilled over charcoal. The secret to the crisp skin, if oven baking, is to bake at very high heat to start out, then lower the temperature to finish cooking. The batch pictured is oven-baked.

INGREDIENTS:

1 whole chicken cut up (I pull out the back, neck and fat to make chicken stock and freeze)

The following Montreal BBQ Sauce:

2 tsp. McCormick Grill Mates “Montreal Steak” seasoning (has no sugar)
1 stick butter, UNSALTED, melted
1-2 tsp. red wine vinegar
1/8 – ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper

DIRECTIONS: Cut up the chicken (I cut breasts in half) and place pieces in a ziploc gallon bag. Melt the butter, add Montreal Steak spice mix, vinegar and cayenne and simmer 1-2 minutes. Cool slightly and then add to bag. Manipulate well with your hands to coat all pieces of chicken and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. When ready to cook preheat oven to 475º (or prepare charcoal fire). Place pieces of chicken on baking pan or grill surface, spreading out so the pieces don’t overlap, for best browning. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and baste with juices in the pan. Lower oven heat to 350º now and continue cooking for about 20-30 minutes more. Time will vary due to size of chicken pieces and ovens vary.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 10 meaty pieces or 5 servings. It would be impossible for me to calculate the exact figures for a serving because that depends upon the pieces of chicken eaten. Basically, take the nutritional info for the particular piece of chicken and add in the info for 1T. of the sauce. Stats on the sauce alone are as follows: 1 Tablespoon has 103 calories, 11.5 g fat, .26 g carbs, .1 g fiber, .16 g NET CARBS, .12 g protein
Sponsored Links