#75   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-11, 21:32

Plan: cad
Stats: 187/161/152 Female 56 inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

Hi,
My name is Sophia & I live in S.FL.
I have been coming here every once in a while between other plans, but nothing really clicked. Well, a couple years ago, the Fat Flush Plan clicked & I made it to goal, but that didn't last long because I thought the food was so boring..... I am ready to commit to Cad again & need motivation to lose these 10 pounds. Although, I have not been 100% on Cad the last few years, for the most part, I did not stray too far from the CAD principles.

Below, I have copied/pasted a story I wrote I think in 1995, to share & show you that CAD works! Maybe some of my old friends are here from the Cadis Yahoo group or the Yahoo CAsupport group.....

Anyway, I'm psyched! Below is what I wrote...

All righty then!
I guess I should tell my story since I'm probably the longest lurker here, (CAsupport group) going back to the days of Nancy Milligan's low carb list, then leaving that for Cadis when it was first formed.
It was the beginning of September '95. There was this guy on the radio, Neil Rogers, raving about a diet he was on & how great it was. This was the Atkins diet & it was taking South Florida by storm. I did the 2 week Atkins induction diet, feeling tired & generally lousy but still stuck it out, losing 8 pounds. It was at this same time I got interested in the newsgroups & started reading Alt. support diet & learned about CAD, thank God.

Let me back track for a minute. Before starting either of these life style plans, I was a 5ft. 7in. 187 pound (almost) 48 year old woman who would have low fat for lunch; a huge mixed fruit salad on top of cottage cheese.

No time for dinner at work, just too busy to take the time to eat, even though it was a restaurant, but I would pick on a french fry here, a garlic roll there, a quick piece of cake,etc.

I would leave work at 10 P.M. starving. Being too tired to prepare anything at home, I would grab half a cherry pie & a big glass of milk. Most likely I would end the meal with a bag of cookies or two large candy bars. Many times, I would pass out with my work clothes on & wonder why I was always so tired.

Other times, I would toss & turn half the night, probably too wired to sleep. I constantly had headaches, indigestion & mood swings. I would NEVER drink water. Juice was my beverage of choice. I thought lots of fruits & fruit juices were good for you & wondered why I was gaining weight.

I started CAD the beginning of Oct. '95, after buying the "first book" & testing severely addicted. Since I never was a breakfast eater, I went right on plan D. CAD was love at first sight. Within a few days all my above symptoms were gone & so were the terrible cravings.

To make a long story short, I lost weight effortlessly as my fat melted away. I only lost 35 more pounds after the first 8 from Atkins induction, but these 35 pounds were pure lard. I lost 7 inches off from EACH thigh, not to mention the other measurements!

I ate well & learned to love salads & vegetables. I took (and still do) my water bottle with me everywhere I went. I didn't have the urge to snack or cheat. I prepared my salads & veggies ahead & took food to work with me.

In 8 months, I reached goal, staying in the range of 142-144.

Back to today, I just realized I wrote this over 15 years ago! I weigh 166, & my weight gain could have been a lot worse!

Hope to hear from you!

Sophia in S. FL.