View Single Post
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 15:29

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 135/125/120
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Quitting Nicotine

Hi Everybody. I quit smoking 8 months ago and chose to use nicotine gum to assist. At that time, though, I started picking up some of the 15 pounds I had lost while still smoking on the PP Plan. I thought that was kind of weird because PP says that losing weight on their plan would be more difficult if you were still smoking. The only thing I finally came up with is that I must be ingesting more nicotine through the gum than in the 10 cigarettes/day that I was smoking. I have doubled up time on my workouts and have been very restrictive in my carb intake. I decided last night to throw the gum down too after reading "Plateau Busters" on this website. I'll be disappointed if this actually means I might gain weight, but my plan is to keep not smoking or getting nicotine in any other form for that matter. I've been nicotine-free for 18 hours and I'm having my moments . Thanks for the guidance concerning that the worst is over in about 3 days. I understand this doesn't mean that it isn't over. I've been such a nicotine junkie (30 Years!), I realize it will take quite a while for urges to calm down.

You are all so extremely encouraging!!!! Please keep those tips and experiences coming!!!!