View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 11:10

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default some of my vegetarian menu plans

hi guys! I have been doing ATkins for about three months now and so I have a variety of meal plans that I could share with you. I am still doing the induction (20g or less) so all of these are ones that you could use right away.

I kept a food journal which was helpful because if I didn't know what to have for dinner I could look back and think 'yeah, that was tasty'. Another source I use is allrecipes.com which has wonderful recipes that have been reviewed by others so you get an idea of if they will taste good or not. It has a lot of high carb ones on there though, so you have to be careful.

Sample days:

Breakfast: piece of quiche and veggie burger pattie: 4 carbs
lunch: string cheese and some almonds 2 carbs
snack: 3 deviled egg halves 1 carb
dinner: half a block of smoked tofu with several stuffed mushrooms : 9
snack: atkins corn muffin: 3 carbs
Total: 19 carbs

same but instead of dinner and later snack: 1 C spaghetti squash with alfredo sauce and a nice salad

Breakfast: piece of quiche and atkins corn muffin: 5 carbs
Lunch: cheese and almonds: 2 carbs
Dinner: Salad with 1/4c. red enchilada sauce, cheese, spoonful salsa, 1/2 avacado, and then under the broiler until the cheese melts: 9 carbs
snack: 1/3 cucumber with ranch dip: 6 carbs
Total: 22 carbs

Breakfast: celery with cream cheese: 3 carbs
Lunch: Broccoli quiche: 4 carbs
Dinner: cheese omelet with mock mashed potatoes 7 carbs
dessert: coconut pudding: 3 carbs
Total: 17 carbs

Breakfast: meringue cookies and coconut pudding: 4 carbs
Lunch: almonds: 2 carbs
Snack: cheese and some turnip fries: 3 carbs
Dinner: Tomato and cheddar soup: 9 carbs
Total: 18 carbs

So I hope that gives you some examples of what you can eat. If you want, let me know and I can put up more examples. You mainly will have to do some research to find recipes that you like that are low carb. My husband thought I was crazy but now that he sees how good I eat he is going to join me the low carb way! The meal that convinced him was when we took some poblano peppers and roasted them, and peeled off their skins. While they were roasting we took 1 C of cream, boiled it, and stirred in 1 1/2 C. shredded mexican melting cheese (chihuahua cheese) and let boil until reduced to 1 C. Then, we scrambled some eggs with fake bacon bits, slid the eggs into the roasted peppers and topped it off with the cream cheese sauce.

yum yum! and I don't even really like eggs!