#21   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-18, 05:53

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Yeah, what is it with the stocking on up TP?!?!? That is what I see most.

I assume it's primarily because everyone uses TP. Not everyone drinks milk, not everyone eats eggs (the cholesterol - horrors!!!), not everyone even eats bread. But no matter what you eat, you still need TP, and when you're snowed in is certainly not a time when you want to run out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
People lurking on the canned meat isle before a hurricane made me and another lady laugh one day as we discussed that if the hurricane doesn't come, we're going to have to eat this stuff anyway!

A lot of people save their receipt, and return the excess milk and bread they hoarded for a storm afterwards. Sadly, anything that's perishable can't be returned to the shelf, because once perishables go outside the store's doors, there's no way to be sure it's been stored properly. (Some stores may refuse to accept perishable returns. Our store takes them though) Canned items may be a nuisance to restock, but at least they can be returned to the shelves.

Although when it comes to canned meat, if you only bought it for an emergency that didn't happen, and don't really like it, you can always donate it to a food bank. Donate canned meat, tuna fish, peanut butter... the food bank will be so very grateful to have something more nutritious to give to the hungry than the bread, pasta, and cereal most people donate.