Plan: TKD/CKD Combo
Stats: 290/275/240 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica
Hiya,

Yes, please do!

I've made 4 batches now, it's soooo yummy. of course everyone is different. Someone might say they taste the soya or something else. But for me, this is a really nice bread.

Watch your ingdients though, as mine are very low carbs to begin with. The soya flour I used previously was mich higher carb.

I've found it quite filling, all that protein and fat. So have sliced my new loaves much thinner and carb count is under 2.5g per slice.

Also, I've tweaked things and found that 210ml of water works better, as well as an increased rise time to 85mins - ymmv.

I havent gotten around to making it yet. I still have to go out and get some of the ingredients.

I havent had good experiances with soy flour in the past. Most things I make iwth it come out disgusting. I try to use almond flour or a bake mix like Carb Quik instead. But, supposedly if you can fid a toasted soy flour, it has much less of an aftertaste.

Also, speaking of carb-quik I bet instead of soy flour you could use the Carbalose Flour (what carb quik is made from). Not sure what the differance in carb count would be though. I'll have to look into that.

EDIT: Hmm, well 100 grams of Carbalose Flour has 19 grams of carbs. 100 grams of soy flour has about 10 grams, so it's almost double the carb count. It would still come out to under 5 grams of carbs per slice though if you slice it thin. But I will try it with soy first, since it's not entirely made of soy maybe it wont taste too bad, lol.