View Single Post
  #46   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 09:11

Plan: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Stats: 212/162/155 Male 68 "
BF:32/23.5/23.5
Progress: 88%

danbrown:

There are several websites that help determine how many calories it takes to maintain or lose weight. The one I used for an estimate is: goal weight x 10 plus add twice my goal weight.

That website doesn't give a reference to what percentages of the calories come from fat, carbs or proteins, so that makes it a best guess attempt at best. Knowing about what I eat now and using that basic formula and knowing my activity level, I feel comfortable that it will be close enough to produce weight loss slowly but surely over time.....

As for my percentages 10-15-75, that is what I will shoot for in my attempt to lose more. If I deviate, it will be added protein and reduced carbs and let the fat fall where it falls, as I will try to keep the total calories fairly consistent. I don't see a problem with a "0" carb day here and there and keeping my proteins upward to 25%. Just from general understanding over the last few months, higher than 25% on the protein would not produce better results and it might even be harmful.

You referred to my eating plan as frontloading... Actually, I have been doing that and more so, I actually eat a higher percentage of protein and lesser percentage of carbs at breakfast than I do later in the day, about like your plan is. I find that starting the day with a strong protein/fat breakfast sets the tone for the rest of the day. I actually think it is what helped me break my night cravings/snacking habits.......

I strongly don't believe in an eating plan that is less than what you will need to maintain a future goal weight. Looking at your previous post, you state 1,250 calories. Is that right? I would consider myself as starving if I ate that little. Eating too few of calories can lead to malnutrition, not to mention hunger!

How are you doing with the low calories? I congratulate you on your weight loss and I do admire your preciseness. Keep posting, I need your encouragement... I will be watching to see your new goal that you are setting soon.....
Sponsored Links