Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 05:51

Plan: Dr. Bernstein (modified )
Stats: 298/205/199 Male 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl
I'm not "cured", but hope to be, and soon.

My fasting blood sugar was 83, and that was the doctor's office result; this came in March, and after a day and a half without any meds. My fbs in December was 339. A bit of a difference!

This morning, it was 84. It hasn't went over 100 (at test time) in a few months, but then again, I eat under 30 (sometimes 20) grams of carbs a day.

Hello Daryl - Excellent control !!

You are a good testimony to low carbing as a "control" of diabetes. But the question becomes, are you cured or reversed.

Low carbing definitely controls the disease. I am currently taking Januvia as a med. The possibility of this drug is that it will help to revitalize the pancreas and its beta cells and thus perhaps "reverse" the disease; we will see.

I do need to read up on it more and understand more about Januvia. Otherwise, we are simply controlling our disease and staying out of trouble.

The lesson I learn from you is that the Dr. Bernstein approach of 6-12-12 gms of carbs per day along with exercise, truly controls the disease. But even the T1 diabetic must take insulin on 6-12-12 albeit it is minimized.

Ralph