#22   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-14, 07:00

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 260/218/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Lucky you to meet him! Could your acne be acting up due to the brutal cold and snow in Boston lately? Yikes, a bad winter for you this year.
I meant to link part 2 of that series on Omega 3. http://chriskresser.com/nutrition-f...thy-skin-part-2
He also has a free Skin guide ebook in the right column, and it will be interesting to see his recs in the new book. I got my library to order it and arrives for me later today.

Hi JEY100, thanks for the link! Yes, it has been a pretty cold winter (3 degrees when I left for work this morning!!). I actually don't think the cold is much of a factor--I've been battling this adult acne for about 4 years now, regardless of season. It's strange--I had only very mild acne as a teen, and for most of my adult life I actually had amazing skin (the kind of skin where I didn't have to wear any makeup, and people would comment on how great it looked). Then it all went downhill. I've tried all kinds of remedies and protocols (OTC, prescription, natural) with only minimal or transient results. I finally (and accidentally) found that whatever bacteria is causing it is sensitive to amoxicillin, so for the past 6-7 weeks I have been on a tapering course of low dose antibiotics. The improvement has been nothing short of amazing, and now I am working with BHA's and retinoids to repair the damage (red marks and light scarring) that was done. That part is going well too--slow but steady progress. The big question mark is whether I can maintain these gains after I am off the ABX completely.