#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-07-17, 16:12

Plan: lchf
Stats: 170/170/170 Male 6'
BF:
Progress:
Default New lchf adventurer withdrawal issues

Greetings,
I'm glad you're here with knowledge and support. Thanks. I started a lchf diet about five days ago after talking with an enthusiastic friend and reading Low Carb High Fat Food Revolution. I'm convinced of the benefits and have an easy time getting over the fear of fat. Fortunately, I don't need to lose weight. I'm doing this to enhance health and prevent disease.
The withdrawal symptoms worry me though. Too much! I'm 63 years old and in good shape. I cut the sugar out completely and started with a very low carb consumption, maybe 20 or 30 grams a day with lots of fatty fish, grass fed beef, ghee, etc. I guess this put me in ketosis. My energy is very low, arms and legs tired. Heart rate is speeded up. I would have to take off work.
I had hep c that is now completely cured, but question whether I'm overloading my liver. Also, I'm scheduled for an outpatient throat operation next week and think it might be dangerous in my current condition. Just drank a little salt water. Any advice on the liver thing, or just what would you do, would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links