View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 12:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi!

I think that it must be "lower than normal carb intake." The normal carb intake of most people in our society (especially here in NS) is way higher than any of the "low-carb" plans allow. The purpose of the plans (as I see it) is to find the carb level that allows one to lose weight and then to maintain it. I think that this is a very individual thing. Some people lose and maintain at 50g or higher, others at 20g.

Low-carb seems to be a restriction on carbs. If simply cutting out corn, flour and rice works for a person, then that seems to me to be a low-carb alternative for that person. Some people's diets may consist of mainly corn, flour and rice and that may be their problem area. Others may suffer from refined sugar addiction and simply cutting out corn, flour and rice may not be enough.

We are all individuals and all have our own eating styles and habits. I guess different plans were developed for different types of people...not to mention for making lots of money from selling the books!

I guess this is how I see it? Interesting question.

KC