View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-23-15, 21:09

Plan: Banting
Stats: 150/132/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I used to love watching sports on the weekends 'cause I loved to find a nice boring game and get a nap in.
After a SAD dinner, I would doze through an hour of a talking heads/opinion "news" show. Kind of pleasant, but guaranteed I wouldn't sleep well that night.

Found the original study, I was interested to see if they addressed "segmented sleep" (biphasic). They did say that they found no evidence of that, and perhaps it was an adaptation to longer nights (in winter) in higher latitudes.

Clearly insomnia must be looked at as a circadian rhythm/hormonal disorder, rather than simply an inability to sleep. I finally determined that my latest insomnia episode was due to increasing my topical progesterone, back to square one on that. The hormonal picture is so complicated, it's impossible to grasp the inter-relationships and really see what is going on.

In trying to answer the question--"how does my life differ from a hunter-gatherers, such that I have insomnia, and they don't even have a word for it"--I don't see much room for improvement other than in the diet or exogenous toxins area. According to Mark's Primal Blueprint, my lifestyle is ideal--lots of constant exercise, work outdoors, play, etc...