View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-07-06, 14:58
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Christine, the antibodies in your body can go anywhere! Some people have neurological symptoms from GI, others have intestinal symptoms. For me, I was autoimmune, IBS, aching joints and brain fog and tiredness.

I really recommend this web site for more info: http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums...read.php?t=2132
And this one: www.celiac.com

Be sure to read up on the safe and forbidden foods.

Right now I've just started the SCD (specific carbohydrate diet). I'm trying to get my intestinal issues completely resolved. I'm not having any grains at all. Its mostly just meat, some veggies, and eggs and nuts and fruits. I also found out I'm casein intolerant. So while the gluten seemed to cause my really bad intestinal cramping and diarrhea, the milk stuff was contributing somewhat to that. I also think corn might have been a problem too.

After my gut has a few months to heal up I'll try to add food back in.

If you want to know for sure, go to enterolab.com and get tested. His tests detect food intolerances long before blood tests do.

For me, my symptoms were fairly mild, mild enough I never went to to the doctor with them. Lots of gas, bloating (although I thought I just had a fat tummy), and then the nasty BM's.

I know people that have gotten MS, Lupus, RA and stuff from their GI have had a lot of relief of symptoms from their autoimmune symptoms once they got off the gluten.

One thing that takes a long time to soak in and family and strangers will never grasp this: Even a very tiny, miniscule amount of gluten will set you off. After you've been gluten free for awhile, its even worse.