View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-06, 14:51

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%
Cool

You're within 10 pounds of your goal!! Dr. Atkins says the last few pounds come off slowly. I've just recently switched to CALP. Partly because I wasn't losing very fast on Atkins, and partly to be able to eat some things in restaurants I hadn't had for a while. cmnLisa has had good results with Atkins/CALP. She doesn't have a journal yet, but you can find her on the Master of My Domain thread in Buddies/Challenges forum. She does have My P.L.A.N. so you can check out her menus. I haven't been as close to goal as you in a good 10 years, so I can't help much. Good luck.

I did begin losing again when I switched to CALP. If you've read the book, perhaps it's because I was getting a few more carbs during the day, and was still releasing too much insulin. Or eating too frequently, which is appropriate for Atkins. Since I'm keeping my day carbs really, really low and only having heavy carbs during the "Golden Hour", and only two meals, one snack, maybe my insulin is backing down and allowing some of this poor captured fat to escape!!