View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 13:49

Plan: haven't started yet
Stats: 135/145/120 Female 5'4
BF:0%
Progress: -67%

Hi everbody - it has been a while since I posted anything - the last time was in Nov. when I was headed to my doc - well I had received another blood test and the result was a TSH of 3.914 - so FINALLY - my doc decided to take some course of action so she put me on Synthroid (0.025 mg) - it has now been three months and I feel a bit better not completely sure - I still have some minor symptoms but it is really hard to tell whether it is related to life or the hypothyroidism - such a confusing disease this is!! Anyway I went back Friday for another round of blood work and I just got the results - my TSH is 3.35, T4 = 1.2 and T3 = 29.7 .

Here is where I need someone's help - I know about what a TSH level should be to be normal (.3 and 3.0) but what should the T4 and T3 be? Am I in the "normal" range?

On top of it, my regular doc just left for maternity leave till March and I was just assigned to a new guy and I think he is a resident. He seems pretty nice but it is hard to switch in the midst of trying to figure out what is going on with me. Not to mention I am confused if I am better or not - I am less tired but not rejuvenated or anything - people say that it looks like I lost weight but I recently went overseas (where I always seems to lose weight) but maybe I am less bloated then before which may mean the meds are working - but I don't know - do u know what I mean?

Anyway, any advice would be helpful and thanks to all writing me back - it helps to talk to you guys!!

Hope everyone is doing well and losing weight!!!

Take care and talk to u guys soon!
Mokia