#3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-31-11, 04:22

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lianne0825
I have this idea of wat I'll be eating when I am on maintenance. I wonder how realistic my ideas are, though i know everyone is different. I was wondering what you fine maintenance level folks can eat in your regular diet.
Well, you're right, everyone is different, so you will need to work out for yourself what the right level is for you. However, for what it's worth, if you follow the link Lisa has given, you will see what I eat for maintenance on a daily basis.

How many carbs can you eat?
I suppose I average around 50-60g a day. Though, there are days that might be higher, but also days when it's much lower.

What rung can you eat?
I suppose you could say that I eat from all the rungs (as per Atkins). However, I don't eat whole grains and the only legumes I do eat would be chickpeas in the form of hummus and peanuts in the form of peanut butter. As far as starchy vegetables are concerned, I eat new potatoes, sweet potatoes and carrots, but not on a daily basis.

Do you count calories?
No

If you eat fruit or other carby foods, do you aim to make low GI choices?With regard to fruit, I eat berries on a regular basis, as well as nectarines and peaches, and I also love apple slices smeared with peanut butter.

Quote:
When I reach maintenance I picture myself enjoying carbs such as: strawberries, cantaloupe, pears (maybe?), yogurt (plain or fruit with sugar free sweetener), kefir (I've never tried it but an fascinated!), sprouted grain bread (check out this lower carb one:http://www.alvaradostreetbakery.com/product_detail.php?id=26)...I'm not sure what else!
IMO all the fruits, yoghurt and kefir you mention are fine and I do eat them myself, but I would never eat anything containing wheat. However, that's my choice and if you feel you can handle it, then it's entirely up to you.

One thing I would say is to make sure you eat real food, and to steer clear of any low carb frankenfoods on offer.

Quote:
Whats maintenance look like for you?
Hopefully my answers to your previous questions will have given you a good idea as to what maintenance looks like for me.