Registered Member

Plan: any and all
Stats: 115/120/115 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress:
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zei
Buried an older relative this year who died from ALS that developed while taking statins. I know it's only an N=1 case, but we all believe the statin caused it. No way will I or hubby let any doctor talk us into taking that stuff no matter how high our cholesterol. And yes, even if a doctor could prove as referenced above about a guarantee of heart attack in ten years and such. Heart attack is a lot nicer way to die than ALS.

Husband just got out of the hospital. Mild heart attack and this is his second and his second stent. Last time he was in he took the drugs they prescribed him for three months then took himself off of them. Is it standard procedure to prescribe a statin after a cath? Seems like it is and his cholesterol is not that high imho. Not as high as mine. He said the same thing as you.....rather have another heart attack than die of some neurological disease. Not sure yet what he's going to do. He's been eating healthy lc/hf for the past four years since his last heart attack....another mild one. But he can't seem to avoid the blood clot in his artery.